Berkeley Coachworks.............
Berkeley Coachworks produced Caravans and Cars in Hitchin Street, Biggleswade from 1947 to 1960
Although they are remembered for the cars that were probably ahead of their time, Berkeley's main
business was as a caravan producer.
More Berkeley
Managing Director Charles Panter (taken behind the Berkeley factory). The Prefabs of Holme Crescent
can be seen in the background, also the large buildings of Weatherly/Cincinnati Engineering Factory
George Catt at Silverstone
The initial production 3-wheel 328c
"The Bandit", featuring a Ford 105E engine (this picture was taken in Old Warden)
Berkeley dealer Jempsons in Portsmouth

Designer Laurie Bond & Berkeley MD Charles Panter


Berkeley Car Moulds made by Bertram Camp

Completed caravans awaiting delivery
The Caravan Show at Earls Court
Publicity photos for the Micro Caravan -   shot in the MD's garden & featuring his family
Sid Durrant at the wheel - Old Warden Aerodrome
Excelsior 492cc - Shot at Old Warden
More Berkeley